Thursday, August 26, 2010

Week Eight Update

(I won't name names, but a friend said he's getting sick of the knee puns, and frankly, I can't come up with a good one for this short update)

Went to see the doc today for my progress check and he gave me A+s for my knee stability, swelling, and flexion (up to 132 degrees!). I just have to work on extension. My damn knee just won't straighten. I asked him about re-starting Pilates and he said: "I don't know much about Pilates, but it doesn't sound like something good." Maybe he read the same newspaper article about how the Pilates backlash has started in Ireland. In any case, I'm just gonna ignore his M.D. and re-start Pilates, albeit slowly.

What I can do:
  1. Spinning
  2. Run up and down stairs (very helpful to catch the subway)
  3. leave my knee brace at home
  4. wear heels!
  5. Pilates (but don't tell my doc)
What I can't do:
  1. cutting sports
  2. run
  3. dance
  4. ninja kicks

Also, the incision scars are slowly fading! Not that I really mind - I consider these shoulder and knee scars as little reminders to treat my body better. All in all, I'm quite happy with my progress, but I do need to keep up with PT 2x a week to continue regaining full mobility and strength.



No comments:

Post a Comment