Monday, August 2, 2010

Day Twentknee Eight Milestone: 115 Degrees!

Just a quick update on my Physical Therapy progress after exactly 4 weeks post-surgery. Here's what I can finally do:
1. Walk up stairs
2. Use an elliptical machine with zero difficulty
3. Use a stationary bike with some difficulty
4. Bend my knees to 115 degrees
5. Smile and allow myself to recognize that I've made significant progress

Here's what I still can't do:
1. Walk down stairs (I'm like a bear, or worse, a panda)
2. Go outside without my ugly black leg brace
3. Pilates :(
4. Play football or other cutting sports
5. Ninja kicks


Just a sideline comment: I absolutely can't stand Boston area sports, but I've hated on Wes Welker the least. So I have an extra special soft spot for him now that he's off the PUP list after tearing his ACL & MCL last January (with a torn rotator cuff!) and undergoing surgery in February. Obviously he's a world class athlete, but someone I can aspire to if he has rehabbed his knee and shoulder enough to be able to practice in 6 months and play in the season opener in 7 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment