Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's a Knee-w Day!

11 days after my surgery, and I finally had my follow-up with the doc. The assistant removed my dressings and bandages to reveal my new knee! We took some X-rays that revealed 2 staples and 2 screws (one that will dissolve, the other isn't supposed to bother me so it stays forever). It was bizarre to finally see the new knee that has been giving me pain the last several days, but it's nice to know that everything looks good, not too much swelling or bruising.

I'm outfitted with a knee brace that will allow me to bend and provide greater range of motion. Not to mention that it's much lighter than the contraption I've been dragging around. I also bought the Empi Action Patch, which is aan electronic patch that delivers a drug to a localized area (i.e. my left knee) to lessen pain and swelling. After 4 patches administered every other day, the drug is supposed to stay in my knee for 1 month. It's supposed to speed up recovery time and help with pain during PT.

Next up..Physical Therapy! I've selected Professional Orthopedic and Sports PT on Murray St in Tribeca. Wish me luck!
-Kitty

1 comment:

  1. I know this post is about something else entirely but I just have to say, your outfit's super cute in this picture!

    ReplyDelete