Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Cryoge-knee-c Cuff


Ok, that title is a stretch, but that cooler apparently is the best way to provide compression and ice therapy for my knee to reduce swelling, promote healing, and reduce pain. Extra plus: personal cooling device to beat the summer heat! Basically there's a cuff that is wrapped around my knee and the cooler holds the ice/cold water that circulates in the cuff. I've had the machine going for 24 hours from Friday-Tuesday, and now I'm supposed to lessen the amount of time. I had a shoulder cuff last year but only used it for 3 or 4 days until the bandages were removed. I rented the machine for 2 weeks but after that the cryo-cuff was really hard to keep on the shoulder without bandages, so I just used ice packs. This time, I have the bandages until July 13th, so this machine will be my BFF until then. Definitely beats frozen peas. Robo Kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment